Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Posting Prices Online

Should I Post my Prices Online?

When it comes to posting prices for your paintings/sculptures/etc. on your website, there is a plethora of opinions.

Alyson Stanfield has discussed this on a blog post from 2004: http://www.artbizblog.com/2006/04/when-to-post-prices-for-your-art.html

I think it all depends what your business plan is, and the relationships you have established with your galleries. While I am okay with posting my prices online, I would never compete with a gallery that is carrying my work. If a painting is being carried in a gallery, I would not show it's price on my website, making sure that the viewer is directed to the gallery for inquires about the painting.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences concerning this topic.

No comments: